Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

A bit about me




The picture on the left is my family, including my Dad that I lost in 1998 to heart disease.  He was the best Dad you could ask for and the picture on the right shows my husband, who is the best Dad for my kids.  Having the perfect Dad is hard to come by these days.  My Dad always knew that family comes first and Kyle is the exact same way.  My Dad had his open heart surgery so he could live a longer life with his wife and family, not to cut it short.  But that's what's funny about your heart.  Without your heart you are dead, when you are alive you will put your heart into every single thing you can.  I have always had an ignorant hatred to all cardiovascular surgeons because they couldn't keep my Dad alive to watch us all grow up. 

Knowing what I do now, from personal experience, it's not in their hands.  It's all in HIS hands.  I don't know how my Mother has done it for the last almost 17 years but one day I will be as strong as she is.  Through my own struggles in the last 6 months, I have grown as a person, Mother, daughter, patient, worker, wife, friend and not taken a thing for granted.  I AM going to be given that second chance at life that my Dad was cut short on. 

My little life story:
I was born in Fairview Heights, IL (suburb of STL) and lived there until 8th grade.  We moved in 8th grade to Naperville, IL (suburb of Chicago) and I met some friends I'll have for a lifetime.  We moved yet again while I was a Sophomore in High School to Independence, MO (suburb of Kansas C
ity) to be with my Aunt and her beautiful kids when she had an awful house fire.  My Aunt, my Moms sister, lost her house, her husband, her son and her heart.  She was just pregnant with her now handsome 12 year old and also had her baby girl Sophia that I was so in love with.  Little did I know at that point, my Aunt would become such a huge part of my life. 

I moved out on my own when I was 18, made great friends, had a lot of drinks, lived the life.  I had sweet Owen when I was 22, and little bitty Crawford when I was 25.  I FINALLY married the love of my life on April 5, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment