Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

It's all getting real!

Fast forward six months...a lot of showers that take 2 hours...sitting with my mom for a long time figuring out my numerous meds...daily dressing changes...no booze...great family...great friends...and here we are!!!

I had my 6 month follow up this morning which is usually just a couple hour meeting with an LVAD coordinator and talk to a cardiologist for about 20 minutes.  Today was different.  Today I didn't meet with my LVAD nurses, I met with a pre transplant nurse.  Every month they check out my LVAD, tell me that's it's looking good and when I'm 6 months post surgery we will start discussing the transplant.  Little did I realize that at 6 months it all changed.   I was so comfortable with my old nurses and loved all 3 of them for different reasons.  They are the go-to girls for patients with severe heart problems and I can call and ask them a simple question at 2am with no judgement.

My new pre-transplant nurse, Pat, was full of information today that I have been waiting 6 months for.  She scheduled me for an echocardiogram tomorrow morning at 9:30am.  They will be discussing my case in detail next Tuesday morning (extra prayers that day please) then they will be calling me Tuesday afternoon to let me know the plan.  There is a very long transplant list.  I am currently listed as a 7.  You can be a 1a, 1b, 2, etc.  There's a good chance that within the next month I will go from a 7 to a 1b.  If everything goes as planned, I could easily have a new heart by August.  They take A LOT of things into consideration and considering my weight, blood type and antibodies, I'm doing well on the list.  So for right now I just need prayers that this next month or 2 will go our way.  We have had a lot of change lately and we will have a lot more in the next couple of weeks.  

God is trying to give us more than we can handle but luckily Kyle and I were both blessed with such great families that it's not possible.  Transplant is getting closer...I'm excited...I'm nervous...it's getting real.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! Will you see your LVAD nurses again or will you stay with the pre-transplant nurse? I'm so glad you had such a wonderful team at home and at the hospital! Love you girl

    ReplyDelete